Many F1 fans and journalists say Sebastian Vettel is not a deserving champion. I am going to tell you why he fully deserves the 2011 world drivers championship.
- The first thing you need to get right in a race weekend is qualifying as it gives you a better chance to do well in the race. Vettel has definitely done this almost perfectly claiming 11 pole positions out of 14 this season. This has only been beaten once by Nigel Mansell in 1992 with 14 pole positions so this record is within reach.
- It is widely known that to prove your speed you need to beat one person in particular, Your team mate. Vettel has beaten his experienced team mate Mark Webber in every race this season and leads him by 127 points in the standings with only 125 points left available.
- Rumors have been muttered in and around the paddock that Vettel can’t stay cool under pressure and he can’t overtake but Vettel proved last week at Monza last week that he can overtake quite spectacularly. He passed Alonso for the lead round the outside of him at 180mph corner touching the grass
- A driver who rarely makes mistake and is cool under pressure when leading a race is a real bonus to a team as Vettel proved. He has led an outstanding 70% of laps this season and only made one mistake worth mentioning where he lost the win to Jenson Button in Canada but the conditions were treacherous.
- Praise from other racing drivers doesn’t come often so when drivers like Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button all say that Vettel deserves the championship then chances are its true.